Saturday, 31 March 2012

Dusty Reads!! (01)

Dusty Reads is a weekly meme hosted by Giselle at Xpresso Reads, where you feature a book that has been sitting unread on our bookshelf for sometimes. If you would like to learn more about Dusty Reads, and grab the button to join in then go here! (Seriously Giselle is genius because this is like the best meme ever invented! Join in!)

 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


Black Swan Rising by Lee Carroll
Release Date: November 1st 2010 by Bantam

Synopsis:

When New York City jewelry designer Garet James stumbles into a strange antiques shop in her neighborhood, her life is about to be turned upside down. John Dee, the enigmatic shopkeeper, commissions her to open a vintage silver box for a generous sum of money. Oddly, the symbol of a swan on the box exactly matches the ring given to her by her deceased mother. Garet can’t believe her luck and this eerie coincidence until she opens the box and otherworldly things start happening.

That evening, the precious silver box is stolen. When Garet begins to investigate, she learns that she has been pulled into a prophecy that is hundreds of years old, and opening the box has unleashed an evil force onto the streets of Manhattan and the world at large. Gradually, Garet pieces together her true identity
one that her deceased mother desperately tried to protect her from. Generations of women in Garet’s family, including her beloved mother, suffered and died at the hands of this prevailing evil. Does Garet possess the power to reclaim the box and defeat this devastating force?

On her journey, she will meet the fey folk who walk unnoticed among humans and a sexy vampire who also happens to be a hedge fund manager that she can’t stop thinking about. But the fairies reveal a desire to overpower mere humans and the seductive vampire has the power to steal the life from her body. Whom can Garet trust to guide her? Using her newfound powers and sharp wit, Garet will muster everything she’s got to shut down the evil taking over her friends, family, New York City, and the world.


 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

This book has been in my TBR shelf for more than six months now, I always say I will read it next but then there is always some book I have to read first ,,, and this has been going on for as long as I can remember ,,, but there is one thing for sure I will read it someday ! 


Lilly :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi, and thanks for commenting on my Shelf Candy Saturday post! This book you're featuring sounds like a very intriguing, exciting read!

    I can relate to having unread books sitting on my shelves for a long time...I have my own meme for this, titled "On My Bookshelves". I usually put it up on Sundays, if I have the time....

    Anyway...I also love the cover of this book! The scene looks so mysterious and haunting! The girl seems to be burdened with some deep secret. This cover perfectly fits the plot! I'll run over to Goodreads right now and put it on my TBR pile!

    Thanks for featuring this book!! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maria, I love this cover as well ... and I'm planning to read it before the end of next week because the second book is coming out on May ... and if it is as good as I hope I will have to order it so I get it on time ... Thanks for dropping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have so many unread books. I can hardly look at my bookcase b/c of guilt!
    This book is really gorgeous. I love the blue birds in the background. It sounds good too. I hope you're able to read and enjoy it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have books like that -- they never seem to make it out of the pile. I've decided to save those for summer!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh wow this sounds good! And I LOOOVE that cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooo I haven't heard of this one, how is that possible? I'm so out of the loop sometimes. I definitely need to add this one to my ridiculously long list of must reads:) Thanks Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the cover! I've not heard of this before, but I'm going to have to check it out. It has fey folk! I think I deffo have a weakness for them XD. Thanks for sharing!

    New follower here btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Reve!!! :) I also love the cover ... thank you for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete