Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer


Synopsis:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth's fate hinges on one girl...

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She's a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction.

Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world's future.



My Thoughts:

Cinder is a cyborg, who was adopted at the age of 11; she lives with her Stepmother and two stepsisters … and as you guessed by now her stepmother can’t stand her and the only reason she is keeping Cinder is because Cinder is an amazing mechanic to bring income to the house  … and she is very talent and that thanks for her being a cyborg.

The story take place in the future, after World War IV and the story began while Cinder was working in her booth at New Beijing’s market as usual, when suddenly, prince Kai enter her booth and ask her to fix his out of order android. Of course, she was too stunned to be able to talk to him normally … anyway, then her android Iko came in the booth and declared that the prince look more handsome in real that in the screen. 

I love Iko and Poney ... Iko as I already said the android which Cinder suspects that she has a programming error which give her a lively personality … Poney is her younger stepsister and the two of them are very close which mean that Poney is her only friend and they usually joke around about running away from home together the three of them Cinder, Iko and Poney.

I also love prince Kai character … he is very kind, fair and his love for his country is very admirable  … he and Cinder were cute together but I didn’t like how he treated her in the end … I mean did he have to put her in jail that was so not fair … but that Cinderella for you I guess!

Cinder is strong, dependable, and she has the ability to know if the people talking to her are lying or telling the truth. What I didn’t like about her is the self pity she has toward herself …I mean she always think of herself as a second citizen … why? Just because the people around her think that cyborg has no right to live freely like normal people … if you ask me I will say let them go to hell …who are they to decided that if I were in her place I will be a criminal before letting people control my life.

As I said before this story happened in the future; but there is still problems such as the letumosis plague a disease with no cure for it which Poney will get it in the beginning of the book …Also, Lunars, a society on the moon who have been wanting  to attack the earth for the last 10 years or so. When the emperor of New Beijing dies from the plague, Queen Levana of Luna see it as a chance, and makes a move to marry prince Kai to be empress. No one wants that, but she holds the cure for the plague which the country in earth needs it so much.

Overall, it is an interesting and fun book to read … I give it 4 stars because when I start reading it wasn’t easy for me to get in the story and live it … I start enjoying the book after chapter 3 :D

Rating: 4/5

20 comments:

  1. Great review! I bought this book a while back and you've made me want to read it next. Hopefully I can get to it soon. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you like it as well ,,, thank you for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by!
    I thought Cinder was great too -- really original. When you read Wither, come back and tell me what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure ,,, I just per order it a minute a go ,,, thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I still haven't read my copy of this. It sounds really awesome and just different from the same old paranormal. I really have to get to it! Awesome review! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Giselle ,,, it is original and i will look forward to read your review on it :D

      Delete
  4. I agree, it took me a little while to get into this story, but once I was there I loved it:) I would have loved for Cinder to stop thinking of herself as second class as well, but I think if you're told that are often enough it would e hard to believe otherwise. I'm sure she'll change her view in the coming books. So glad you enjoyed this one Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope in the second book she really will stop thinking of her self as second class :D

      Delete
  5. I have this in my TBR pile, I really need to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many varying opinions of Cinder. To me, it sounds extremely interesting. I do want to read it at some point. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea ,,, I hope you enjoy it as well :)

      Delete
  7. I just started my copy of Cinder today and loving it! I don't know what kept me from reading it for so long. Cinder is such a strong character and my favorite part of the book so far. Can't wait to finish it now =)

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really I'm glad you like it ,,, and I will look forward for your review on it :)

      Delete
  8. I just got this book and am dying to read it! It sounds really awesome, especially for me because I love all things cyborg. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I sure you will like it ,,, enjoy reading it :D

      Delete
  9. I have this book for awhile now dont know why I keep on forgetting on reading it when it sounds so good! I loved your review, I cant wait to read it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lalaine! When you read it you will like it I'm sure :)

      Delete
  10. I've heard only positive things about this book. I'm going to have to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete