Sunday, 25 March 2012

Review: Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins

Synopsis:

Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?



My Thoughts:

OMG !!! This is one AWESOME book …I Really enjoyed reading it … Actually, I absolutely love this book and as always Sophie’s humor … I also love it when she and Archer are talking together … it is so much fun reading it  :D

Spell Bound is the third book in the HEX HALL series … it start a while after the second book ends. Of course, we all remember how Cal asked Sophie in the end of the second book to go to her mother who is with the Brannicks.

  • WHO is the Brannicks?
Normal Question I presume … the Brannicks are a very strong women line who fight the evil as I like to see it … of course, most of the evil they fight are Prodigium. 

  • WHY Sophie doing with them?
Because she is one of them … they are her family which make them Sophie’s family as well, although she didn’t like their way of doing thing … I mean they are killing Prodigium which technically she is one of them and actually some of them are her schoolmate.

  • WHAT happened to her father, Cal and Archer after she left them?
Her father was rescued by Cal who healed him and where going around trying to figure out where she is and if she is fine or got hurt in the way to Brannicks.

Cal was feeling guilty … he thought that maybe it was a bad idea to send her to the Brannicks but then they met and everything become good.

Archer has been taken by The Eye but they don’t trust him as much anyway … and he’s OK. He found a way to talk to Sophie after a month but it was so funny.

  • WHAT about Jenna her vampire best friend?
In the end of last book she thought that the Evil Sister Killed Jenna but actually she was find with their vampire teacher who take her to his vampire nest.

After they decided to go and get DemonGlass form hell which consider the only thing that can kill Demons … but while they where preparing for the journey somehow, Sophie got transported magically to Hex Hall the island that despair … and there she found out that she wasn’t the only one who transported ... all her schoolmate as well as Jenna, Archer and Cal where there and now one have any idea ... why?

There they will try to help Sophie to get her power back … and you can say they succeed but what was the price … I guess you will see after reading the book. Finally, the final battle somehow it was short but I like it … the idea that you can’t do anything alone but with the help of other you can do miracles ... and the logic that you have to give something so you gain another ... nothing come easily, you have to sacrifice.

Overall, This was an easy and fast read … the humor in this book is as good as the one in the last two book … the relationship between Cal, Archer and Sophie was as AWESOME as I thought it well be … but I hope we get to know the Brinnicks more. 

Rating: 4.5/5

8 comments:

  1. I really have to read Demonglass. I read Hex Hall last year and I really liked it bur for some reason book 2 is still sitting unread. GAH. This one sounds like a great ending too. Awesome review chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!
    I really like this series you have to read it ,,, DemonGlass is AWESOME ,,, and good thing now you won't have to wait for the third book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I REALLY need to get this soon and read it, I LOVE this series! Great review hun! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is I hope you enjoy it as well ,,, I will look forward to read your review on it ,,, Thank you for dropping by :D

      Delete
  4. I really loved this one! I'm sad that the books are done now though.
    But since Rachel is doing a spin off book I hope it comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Moirae ,,, I'm also looking forward for her new series ,,, I hope its even better than HEX HALL :D

      Delete
  5. I'm planning on reading this one this weekend. I've heard that a lot of people are disappointed with it, being the final book and all, but I'm really hoping not to count myself among those people. It sounds like you weren't disappointed, so that gives me hope. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't ,,, I loved it and just because it is the last book doesn't mean it have to be so complicated ,,, I hope you enjoy it as well :)

      Delete