Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Synopsis:

New soul 

Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why. 

No soul 

Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame? 

Heart 

Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies--human and creature alike--let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all? 



My Thoughts:

This will be a hard review to write so I’m going to try my best. First of all, I wasn’t sure how I was going to rate this book, in the end I decided to give it 3 Stars.

In the beginning this book was so good but after page 100 the story still didn’t move forward ,,, I mean nothing major happen which if I have to say the book start to sound boring but then something good happen and the book start to feel fantastic then it go back to the slow moving and so on.

This book is about Ana, a girl who was born for the first time in a place where people incarnate for 5000 year but the problem was that when she was born someone lost his chance to be born someone everyone was friend with. Anyway, some people didn’t like Ana such as her own mother, who think that Ana has no soul while some other people call her a new soul. 

Then we have Sam, who think that Ana is innocent and has nothing to do with the new souls thing. When Sam and Ana get to know each other Sam offer to help Ana so they travel together and start learning about each other and grow to care about each other. While everyone seems to believe that her life is worthless and that because they think that she may not be able to reborn like everyone Sam always tells her to live her life to the full and enjoy it. I didn’t like the ending much because there were no real turning of the event thing if you know what I mean. It was not exacting at all. 

Finally I would like to say, that this is not a negative review because I did enjoy some parts of this book and I think that with a little change in some of the events and make thing more lively with more adventure this book will be so AWESOME. 

Rating: 3/5

12 comments:

  1. I know that a lot of people had mixed feelings about this book. I really liked it, but I was trying to think in terms of series. This was a first book and I think that the world building was a big thing. I didn't like some aspects of it, but I do think it is a good start to a series and hopefully sets up well for the rest of the books. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that the world building was good but I really didn't like the character ... anyway, I happy that you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  2. I loved this book, but I agree with you that it could be slow moving at times. I also wanted a little more info on the world itself, but I feel like maybe we'll get more of that moving forward? I hope the second book is more exciting for you Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, I'm not sure if i will read the second book ... I guess i will see when the time come for releasing the second book :)

      Delete
  3. I have this one I just need to read it. Great review.


    Lily

    So say we all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. I just didnt get this book. I think I know what the author was trying to do, it just didn't work for me. I was confused, and somewhat bored at times. I probably won't read book two. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrea, I know what you mean I was so confused as well ... and I'm not so sure that I want to read the second book, thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  5. I started this book last month but after few pages I gave up, maybe Ill come back aroun dit later but not now thats for sure. I totally get where youre coming from. Great review Lily. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it, Thanks for dropping by Lalaine :)

      Delete
  6. Great review !! I was thinking of buying this book but I honestly don't like slow moving books I would instantly just give up, you saved me ;) But thanks for sharing your opinion with us and love your blog :D

    ReplyDelete